Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Put a name on it



Today I get to bike through the Snohomish River Valley.  For my husband, it's an easy recovery ride.  For me, it's a big challenge.  For both of us, it's more fun to do together, which is really the whole point.

I have an app on my phone that tells me (literally) the total number of miles I've gone, so it's easy to keep track.

A big thank you to Chris Peppler, an Associate Pastor at Eastside Foursquare in Bothell, and a multisport athlete, who gave me permission to use his idea for my own blog:  Since we can earn miles by praying for others, I'm praying for a different person each mile.

Thanks to washable markers I can write someone's name next to each number.  I asked a group at church this week if I could pray for each one of them during my weekend ride.  There were some miles left over so they shared the names of others in need.

I am humbled and inspired by the stories you have shared about the ways you already earn miles through prayer and service.  If you'd like to put a name on it for future miles, please email me at adriennesh1@gmail.com.  All requests will be held in confidence.

One of my favorite lines on Chris' blog is that we share the Gospel at the speed of relationship.  We're all in this together.  What matters isn't how far or how fast we go, it's that we are on the road together, following Christ's call.  




No comments:

Post a Comment